The Old Pangbournian Society keeps our alumni, known as Old Pangbournians or OP's, in touch with each other and the College. It upholds and supports Pangbourne’s ethos and traditions through a number of initiatives including academic, sporting, cultural and social activities.
Every pupil and member of staff becomes a member of the OP Society on their departure from the College. Membership is free, and OPs receive the annual OP Magazine, regular newsletters and invitations to events. A voluntary committee is elected at the Societies AGM, and all OPs can stand for election.
To get the most from your society, get involved. The best way to do this is via the dedicated Pangbournian Society website where you can create an account, share your news and keep up to date with other OPs and register for events.
The ‘Pangbournian Society’ formally known as the ‘Pangbourne Association’ is a community for all Pangbournians, with activities coordinated by several volunteer groups: the Old Pangbournian Society, the Pangbourne Parents’ Association and the Parents of Old Pangbournians.
The Society has no role in College educational or administrative matters.
The aims of the Pangbournian Society are:
1. The development and promotion of enduring relations between the College and its stakeholders, past and present.
2. The development and promotion of friendly relations between stakeholder groups.
3. To promote the interests of stakeholders equally and proportionately and to promote united action in any scheme supporting and furthering the interests and prosperity of the College.
These aims are met by the Society undertaking the following principal tasks:
1. Maintenance of records including databases holding details of former pupils and their families, where current and available.
2. Where the request is bona fide and reasonable and is categorically not for commercial purposes, to provide former pupils with sufficient details with which to contact other Pangbournians.
3. To provide assistance to any recognised stakeholder group wishing to organise a social or special interest event, club or group which does not run contrary to College interests.
4. In line with the College communication strategy to provide assistance with the production of publications (traditional/electronic) published by any particular, recognised stakeholder group.
5. To consider annual budget requests from stakeholder groups and, following agreement from the Board of Governors of Pangbourne College, to apportion funds so that each group may carry out their duties and responsibilities.
6. To provide assistance with the recruitment of members for the stakeholder groups.
The Pangbournian Society is the focus and means by which all Pangbournians can maintain their link with the College and with each other in the UK and around the world. The Society exists to support both the College and all Pangbournians past and present. The Society works together with the Governors and the Headmaster to ensure the continuing success and prosperity of the College.
The Pangbourne Parents’ Association (PPA) is a voluntary organisation which raises funds for projects at the College whilst providing social opportunities for parents of pupils. The committee holds meetings once every half-term which all parents are welcome to join.
All parents are automatically part of this association at no cost whilst their children are at Pangbourne. Events include the annual PPA Ball and Christmas Market, alongside Quiz nights and Dog Walks among others. Details of all these events and how to book can be found on the portal,
All parents whose children have left Pangbourne are warmly welcomed to continue participating in community events for as long as they wish.