Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > News > OP Chairman Phillip Plato attends the Lying-in-State of Her Majesty at Westminster Hall

OP Chairman Phillip Plato attends the Lying-in-State of Her Majesty at Westminster Hall

OP Chairman Phillip Plato yesterday attended the Lying-in-State of Her Majesty at Westminster Hall.
16 Sep 2022
News

OP Chairman Phillip Plato yesterday attended the Lying-in-State of Her Majesty at Westminster Hall.

He commented: "One of the most rewarding things I have done today to attend the Lying-in-State of Her Majesty at Westminster Hall. I did so both for personal reasons and to represent Old Pangbournians around the globe who by reason of distance or other physical reasons could not pay their respects personally. It took almost 9 hours and 24,500 steps but was worth every one. By sheer luck I entered the hall just in time to see the change of vigil."

Similar stories

Classic Car Show

Exhibitor Booking is now open! More...

Mike Lubbock

Mike Lubbock (57-61) has been awarded the MBE in the 2024 King’s New Year Honours List “For services to Global Wildlife … More...

Time to catch up 'down under'

Richard Hamilton (OP 92) and fellow OPs John Saunders and Oliver Peagam spent a great weekend catching up in Buradoo, Au… More...

Chris Weston

One of the most prominent OP business leaders, Chris Weston (77-82), has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of the t… More...

Most read

OP's on Parade

Calling all OP's - join us for a very special Event! More...

Classic Car Show

Exhibitor Booking is now open! More...

Peter & Tyler Butterworth

Read the extraordinary story of actor Peter Butterworth's WWII exploits as uncovered by his son OP Tyler Butterworth (1972 - 1977) More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech