Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > News > OP Chairman Phillip Plato attends the Lying-in-State of Her Majesty at Westminster Hall

OP Chairman Phillip Plato attends the Lying-in-State of Her Majesty at Westminster Hall

OP Chairman Phillip Plato yesterday attended the Lying-in-State of Her Majesty at Westminster Hall.
16 Sep 2022
News

OP Chairman Phillip Plato yesterday attended the Lying-in-State of Her Majesty at Westminster Hall.

He commented: "One of the most rewarding things I have done today to attend the Lying-in-State of Her Majesty at Westminster Hall. I did so both for personal reasons and to represent Old Pangbournians around the globe who by reason of distance or other physical reasons could not pay their respects personally. It took almost 9 hours and 24,500 steps but was worth every one. By sheer luck I entered the hall just in time to see the change of vigil."

Similar stories

Phillip Plato & the OP Society Committee warmly invite all OPs to the Annual Dinner, held at the College on Saturday 29 … More...

The new Autumn edition of the Pangbournian Magazine is now available to read online or download. More...

Tom Read Wilson (98-03) is a well-known polymath. These two books, published simultaneously in September 2022, underline… More...

Calum Scott (16-21) with College 1stXV Coach Alex Hawthorn

Calum Scott (16-21) made his senior London Irish debut on Wednesday 21 September, coming on as a 62nd minute substitute … More...

Most read

Calum Scott (16-21) with College 1stXV Coach Alex Hawthorn

Calum Scott (16-21) made his senior London Irish debut on Wednesday 21 September, coming on as a 62nd minute substitute in Round 1 of the Premiership … More...

You are warmly welcomed to leave a message below, share your memories, and celebrate the life of Richard 'Sam' Strachan (58-62), who we sadly lost in … More...

Tom Read Wilson (98-03) is a well-known polymath. These two books, published simultaneously in September 2022, underline again his amusing versatility… More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech